Erin Cramer is very thankful for her newly adopted dog Clobberhead. The Greyhound was picked up from a rescue group only two months ago, but managed to save the family from a potential dangerous situation.
The Shelbyville, IN resident was home from work one day because she was not feeling well. She noticed that her pet was acting very strange. She says that he was hitting his head against the wall so she took him outdoors for some fresh air. As soon as they stepped outside, the Greyhound dragged her back inside of the house.
He somehow convinced her to open the door to the laundry room and that's when it hit her. "This wall of gas came pouring out," explained Cramer. She also said that the water heater had sprung a gas leak and was also sparking.
Local experts explained that the sparks would have most likely ignited the gas fumes and according to Cramer, "would have taken out not only this house, but several around me."
Cramer is so thankful that Clobberhead joined their family. "If it wasn't for him coming into our lives, we probably wouldn't be here right now."